Friday, April 9, 2010

Make-ahead meat sauce

As you can probably guess, I've been a little busy recently and to be honest, house work has not been at the top of my priority list. (Although to be fair, it hasn't ranked very high before now!) So yesterday, in an attempt to bring some control over my crazed schedule, I made tonight and tomorrow night's dinner, last night.

That's right folks. I made a massive batch of turkey bolognaise so tonight we'll have that with pasta and tomorrow night I'll turn it into a chili by throwing some black beans, some frozen corn and some cayenne pepper into the mix and topping it with disgusting amounts of cheese, because lets face it, life tastes better with cheese. And butter. Ooh, and milk. Mmm. And chocolate. I seem to be getting off track here. . .

So, here is the recipe for my turkey bolognaise:

3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3lbs of ground turkey
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped (can you tell I'm trying to get the dude to eat veggies?)
1 jar pasta sauce
1 red onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
Italian Seasoning

Saute the onions until transparent. Add garlic and cook until starting to turn golden. Brown off meat, then add carrots, pepper and pasta sauce. Cook for roughly
15 minutes then add seasoning. Cook for another 8-10 minutes. Either serve over pasta or store until you're ready to eat it.

Top tip: I saw this on the Rachael Ray show - use a potato masher to break up the meat. It makes it good and fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment