Sunday, June 13, 2010

What's new in baking?

What's new in baking these days? How about the fact that I think I've finally mastered it.
Yep, that's right. I learned how to bake this weekend. I made some blondies and some apricot oat bars for a bake sale, and people actually bought them; they even tasted good! I can't believe it. Usually, I produce paper weights. I'm very excited.

The proceeds of the bake sale went to 'Share our strength', a very worthy cause working to end childhood hunger in America. And given my disdain for baking, I am happy to report that I would bake my heart out for this charity any day of the week.

I feel it might be necessary to do a ceremonial 'I can bake' dance right now this very second.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to share the recipes! I'm helping with a bake sale in October for kids with cancer. Hopefully my donations will be edible!

    ReplyDelete