Sunday, January 3, 2010

Philadelphia cream cheese

I love cream cheese. It doesn't last more than 5 minutes in this house. The Dude loves it too, especially on bagels.

He doesn't eat meat though. Well actually that's not true - he mostly doesn't eat meat. Occasionally he'll eat a chicken nugget or two. So imagine my surprise when he ate the meat sauce on his pasta at dinner! The solution - I mixed in cream cheese as I was cooking the sauce.

It was a recipe I found on Rachael Ray's website. Brown off the ground beef, stir in tomato sauce such as Ragu (I made my own) and melt in half a block of cream cheese before stirring in pasta. Top with Parmesan if desired. It was yummy and the best part of it is that it took 15 minutes to make!

So there you have it folks, if in doubt add cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment