Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The worst cookies ever

It's official, I cannot bake. I really can't. I borrowed this awesome recipe book from the library (which now I cannot wait to return) and saw a recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies. I already had all of the ingredients in the house - which is so unlike me, so I thought I'd give it a go and make them for when my hubby and little dude wanted a snack. BIG mistake.

They came out less like chewy chocolate chip cookies and more like salty cakes that weren't cooked in the middle. The question is, how on earth did I manage to screw it up so badly? It seemed like a fool-proof recipe. Obviously the writer never accounted for this idiot.

So, I think it's safe to say that I shall be sticking with my Betty Crocker packets where you just add an egg and some water for now until my baking ego has sufficiently recovered from this disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment