Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pasta Bake

It's been a tiring day. My baby brother turned 21 today (so I guess he's not really a baby any more!)which still hit me like I'd been struck by lightening, even though I've seen it coming for the last year. I'm very sad that I couldn't be there with him to help him celebrate his special day, but he's always in my heart and he'll always be my baby no matter how old he is. Even when he drives me nuts!

So, in order to help relieve the unbearable guilt I've been carrying around today, I went shopping. That's right folks, shopping. I bought Baby Girl bedding for her crib, some winter clothes for when she finally arrives, some clothes and a bunch of craft stuff for the Little Dude, and Christmas presents. Yep, I said it - Christmas presents.

The Dude and I are making home-made gifts to send back to family in the UK this year. It's far more personal with greater meaning behind it than anything that money can buy. So, I figured I need enough time to make them as well as mail them back home. 2 months should be plenty!

This meant that the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was to cook dinner, so I made my quick-fix pasta bake. The beauty of it is that you can add any veggies you want like peppers or zucchini (courgettes), but tonight we just had basic-style. Here's the recipe:

2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 small onion, finely chopped
a palm-full of Italian seasoning
1 box dried pasta (I used rotini)
half a bag of frozen meatballs
1 ball mozzarella cheese
cooking spray
Pyrex dish or similar

Heat oven to 425.

Cook pasta according to instructions.

While pasta is on, gently cook onions and garlic until onions are transparent. Add meatballs, tomatoes and seasoning. Simmer for 7-8 mins.

Mix pasta and sauce together. Spray Pyrex dish and add pasta mixture.

Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 mins until cheese has melted and is bubbling.

Serve with salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment