Friday, September 25, 2009

Routine

I really don't like getting out of bed. My pillow and I are a match made in heaven (Obviously my Hubby comes first) and I miss my bed terribly when I'm not in it. However, knowing that at some point I'd have to learn to get up at a reasonable hour and create a routine, I decided that this morning was as good a time as any to start.

7am and I'm trying to pull myself away from the duvet. It's like a magnetic force that pulls me onto the matress and I feel like I'm trying to defy gravity. Eventually the dog got fed up of watching me trying to haul my pregnant ass out of bed and decided to lick my feet as an extra incentive to get me up. Ewww.

I was showered, dressed and ready by 7.30am. But, on the one single day I decide to get up before my son wakes me, he decides to sleep in late. Until 8.40am! Brilliant.

By 11am I felt like I'd already run a marathon. We'd been to our toddler class and run around like mad things. Was Little Dude tired? Not in the slightest. Mommy however, was as we say back in the UK - knackered.

Still, I've made it through the day. Admittedly, when Hubby got home from work I went and had a little nap to recharge my batteries. But that's OK - I'm pregnant for crying out loud!

We'll get there soon enough. I'm just glad that I'm finally able to start my mission. Who knows, tomorrow I might even get baking. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment