Thursday, October 8, 2009

Career defining moment!

I am so happy right now it's ridiculous!

When I first went into freelance writing, my son was 4 months old and I was a total wreck where organization was concerned. I knew I wanted to get into publishing - my dream is to work for a publishing house some day, but I had no idea where to start.

So, I trawled through the pages of Amazon.com and read every editorial review going about starting a freelance career. That's when I came across 'The Writer Mama' by Christina Katz. It's broken down into easy-to-follow sections with a task at the end of each chapter - which is the best way for me to learn. She also gives practical advice on how to juggle Motherhood with a writer career - something I was in desperate need of.

So I bought it, loved it and signed up to her E-zine. It's become my writing bible.

I didn't realize that Christina is on Twitter until today when I read through my copy of her newsletter, so I decided to follow since I find her advice invaluable. Guess what though - she is now following me back! I have said that I will write an Amazon review for her - I promise I will, but I'm too star-struck for words right now.

It definitely feels like a defining moment in my whole writing career so far; like I've finally 'made' it. I feel like she's been a huge help every step of the way through her writing, but I'm so glad I've finally been able to thank her. I'm so looking forward to taking one of her classes and I hope she likes the Amazon review!

2 comments:

  1. How cool! That is such exciting news! Even cooler that she is following you back!

    I found your blog at MBC and am your newest follower! :)
    Feel free to stop by and check mine out or maybe even sign up to win one of my free giveaways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment :-)

    I shall stop by your blog and say hi!

    ReplyDelete